The umbrellacompanies.org.uk is a trustworthy resource for contractors, freelancers and temporary workers in the UK. If you’re interested in using an umbrella company, you’re definitely going to be interested in our list of umbrella companies in the UK. However, rather than create a random list without much substance, we’ve created umbrella company directories you can really benefit from. What we’ve done is collate all the umbrella companies that have a prestigious accreditation from either the Freelancer and Contractor Services Association (FCSA) or Professional Passport. Please keep reading for a list of umbrella companies in the UK that you can trust!
Why is our list of umbrella companies in the UK trustworthy?
Well, we’ve put together several lists to make life easier for our readers, but here’s why they’re reliable.
Firstly, we must stress the importance of choosing an umbrella company accredited by either the Freelancer and Contractor Services Association (FCSA) or Professional Passport. These are the two most respected professional bodies in the UK committed to ensuring the supply chain of temporary workers is compliant with UK tax law and regulations. Umbrella companies with one of these accreditations have successfully proven they operate compliantly, ethically and in their employees’ best interests.
We have a list of umbrella companies that have achieved FCSA accreditation and a list of umbrella companies that are Professional Passport accredited. We’ve also collated these lists into one – to allow you to see which companies are accredited by which professional body. We’re sure you’ll find them helpful, and they’re a great place to start your search for a compliant umbrella company.
List of FCSA accredited umbrella companies
Please visit our list of FCSA accredited umbrella companies.
List of Professional Passport accredited umbrella companies
Please visit our list of Professional Passport accredited umbrella companies.
Umbrella company directory
Our umbrella company directory is a very helpful resource. You can filter umbrella companies based on whether they’re FCSA or Professional Passport accredited. Please check it out!
Umbrella company checklist
Remember, you must choose a compliant umbrella company for your payroll. Using a non-compliant arrangement such as a tax avoidance scheme or disguised remuneration arrangement may result in a temporary increase in your pay retention, but in the future, you could face a life-changing tax bill from HMRC.
Here are some quick pointers to help you pick a trustworthy umbrella company.
- Make sure they have a good reputation.
- Only choose umbrella companies that are based in the UK.
- Check the umbrella companies you’re interested in are accredited by either the FCSA or Professional Passport.
- Read online reviews and make sure they have happy employees.
- Find out what extras are available and choose an umbrella that satisfies your requirements (e.g. free insurance cover, Same Day Faster Payments, etc.).
We’ve written several blogs that you may find handy when searching for an umbrella company. Please check out the following:
- How to identify genuine umbrella company special offers
- 8 useful questions to ask your umbrella company
- Don’t believe umbrella company bad press – 11 facts about umbrella companies
- What are the benefits of using an umbrella company?
- The truth about umbrella companies in 2021
- 10 pieces of useful umbrella company advice for contractors
Top 10 umbrella companies
Are you interested in an even shortlist of umbrella companies in the UK? We have a special top 10 umbrella companies list, and we’re sure you’ll find it helpful. Every umbrella company in our top 10 is accredited by either the FCSA or Professional Passport. And some have special offers at the moment.